Cisco FlexStack-Plus stacking for Cisco Catalyst 2960-XR series switch provides a true stacking solution, with all switches in a FlexStack-Plus stack acting as a single switching unit. FlexStack-Plus provides a unified data plane and single configuration for a group of stacked Cisco Catalyst 2960-XR switch.
FlexStack-Plus lower the total cost of ownership with built-in 1: N redundancy, high availability, and preprovisioning, not available in standalone switches. High-availability features such as EtherChannel and FlexLinks will work across stack members, increasing uptime and network connectivity.
FlexStack-Plus is an improvement over FlexStack because it doubles the speed of the stack bandwidth and allows for more members to join the stack. The FlexStack-Plus bandwidth for a single stack member is 40 Gbps compared to 20 Gbps with FlexStack. With multiple stack members, the FlexStack-Plus bandwidth is 80 Gbps. With FlexStack-Plus technology, eight 2960-XR members can be joined into a single stack.
- Advanced QoS, rate-limiting, Access Control Lists (ACLs), IPv6 management
- A wide range of software features to make business operations easy, highly secure, and sustainable, and help deliver a borderless networking experience
- Cisco smart install to simplify deployment
- Cisco Auto Smartports to automate device configuration
- Cisco EnergyWise technology to promote energy cost savings
- Lower total ownership costs for enterprise, midmarket, and branch office networks with competitive connectivity options, security, and QoS capabilities