Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Intelligent Ethernet Switches are a new family of fixed-configuration standalone devices that provide desktop Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, enabling enhanced LAN services for entry-level enterprise, mid-market, and branch office networks. The Catalyst 2960 Series offers integrated security, including network admission control (NAC), advanced quality of service (QoS), and resiliency to deliver intelligent services for the network edge.
- Intelligent features at the network edge, such as sophisticated access control lists (ACL) and enhanced security
- Dual-purpose uplinks for Gigabit Ethernet uplink flexibility, allowing use of either a copper or a fiber uplink
- Network control and bandwidth optimization through advanced QoS, granular rate-limiting, ACLs, and multicast services
- Network security through a wide range of authentication methods, data encryption technologies, and network admission control based on users, ports, and MAC addresses
- Easy network configuration, upgrades, and troubleshooting as part of the mid-market or branch solution using the embedded Device Manager and Cisco Network Assistant
- Auto-configuration for specialized applications using Cisco Smartports