The Cisco 880 series is ideal for small branch offices and teleworkers who need to be connected to larger enterprise networks as well as small businesses, for either voice or data applications. These routers help extend corporate networks to secure remote sites while giving users access to the same applications found in a corporate office. When users require WLAN access, visibility and control of network security are even more critical at the remote site. The Cisco 880 series meets this need with a single device that combines integrated 802.11 g/n capabilities with security features such as Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), including authentication with IEEE 802.1X with Cisco Extensible Authentication Protocol (LEAP) and Protected EAP (PEAP) and encryption with WPA Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP). The Cisco 880 series models that include the integrated access point can use either autonomous or Cisco unified WLAN modes.
Service providers and value-added resellers can take advantage of the Cisco 880 series to provide a true business-class broadband service. Business customers are using broadband access to connect to the Internet or to connect offices together, and they require a platform that incorporates security without sacrificing performance. These customers also require a higher level of support to keep their networks operational. Services with these customers should be simple to set up, while allowing a level of remote management and troubleshooting to quickly address support inquiries. The Cisco 880 series meets the requirements of small offices and managed services providers.
- High performance for broadband access in small offices and small branch-office and teleworker sites
- Collaborative services with secure analog, digital voice, and data communication
- Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) voice continuity for enterprise small branch-office and teleworker sites
- Firewall with advance application and control for email, Instant Messaging (IM), and HTTP traffic
- Four-port 10/100 Fast Ethernet managed switch with VLAN support; two ports support Power over Ethernet (PoE) for powering IP phones or external access points
- Secure 802.11 g/n access-point option based on draft 802.11n standard with support for autonomous or Cisco Unified WLAN architectures
- CON/AUX port for console or external modem
- One USB 1.1 port for security eToken credentials, booting from USB, and loading configuration
- Easy setup, deployment, and remote-management capabilities